A permit is required for reroofing of commercial properties. If you have hired a contractor to perform the work, the contractor must provide us with a copy of his State Roofer's License. The Village does not license roofing contractors since they are licensed by the State of Illinois. You can verify if the contractor you have selected has a State Roofer's License by visiting the website of the Illinois State Department of Professional Regulations.
If you have any questions, please contact the Permitting Division of the Community Development Department at 847.923.4420.
- 0-1,000 Sq. Ft. $150
- 1,001-10,000 Sq. Ft. $255
- 10,001-30,000 Sq. Ft. $360
- 30,001-50,000 Sq. Ft. $465
- 50,001-100,000 Sq. Ft. $570
- 100,001+ Sq. Ft. $780
- Specifications for flashing around all HVAC (heating, ventilating and air conditioning system air handling units)
- Specifications for flashing materials around exhaust stacks, if applicable.
- Specifications for roof drains or drain flashing material, if applicable.
- Specifications on roof insulation to meet IECC and State requirements
- Specifications on all roofing materials on project.
- Roofing Dry-In
- Underlayment material and attachment
- Flashing, valley lining, and drip edge material installation
- Roof insulation attachment, when applicable
- Roof insulation R-factor (IECC and State requirements)
- Roof drainage feature placement, when applicable
- Roof ventilation cut-out, when applicable
- Sleeper installation, when required for metal roofs
- Roofing in Progress
- Same as roofing dry-in
- Roofing material installation and attachment
- Roofing cement application as required
- A roofing in progress inspection can be used to satisfy the roofing dry-in inspection requirement on both existing and new structures.
- Roofing Final
- Completion of project
- Roofing material installation
- Roof vent installation
- Shingle roof edge/eave overhang
- Roof drainage features complete as required
- Edge seals and vent boots installed for metal roofs
- All construction debris cleared from site.
Inspections can be scheduled up to 4pm the business day prior to the requested inspection date by contacting the Permitting Division of the Community Development Department at 847.923.4420.