An annual permit is required for commercial and office private property owners who wish to have food trucks on their properties.
- Annual Food Truck Permit Application
- List of contracted food truck vendors indicating the days and times when food trucks will be on the property (all food truck vendors must be properly licensed with the village)
- Site plan or plat of survey of the property denoting where the food trucks will be parked
Required information should be provided annually as part of the permit renewal process, and when there are revisions to food truck vendors, scheduling, or locations throughout the year.
- Food trucks will only be allowed on private properties in the B-2, B-3, B-4, B-5, M-1, and M-P zoning districts, unless affiliated with an approved temporary special event.
- No more than three food trucks are allowed on a property at any given time. In addition, food trucks will only be allowed on a property for a maximum of three hours per day unless affiliated with an approved temporary special event.
- Food trucks may be located in designated parking spaces only, and are not allowed in fire lanes, drive aisles, or handicapped parking spaces. Food trucks should also not impede traffic flow or emergency access or have an adverse effect on other activities on the property.
- No tables or chairs may be set up alongside a food truck, and appropriate refuse and recycling containers need to be provided for proper disposal of waste.
If you have any questions, please contact the Permit Division of the Community Development Department at 847.923.4420.